My Rating: 4/10 Stars (2/5 Stars) - C
Goodreads Rating: 3.87/5 Stars
There are two story lines threading through this book:
1) Present Time - Alice is on her honeymoon when her groom Justin disappears with only a note that doesn't explain much.
2) 1960s - Evelyn is Married but keeps seeing (and thinking of) a man she met one time at a wedding, the man she stood up for a first date years ago to leave town and not look back - yet she keeps looking back.
These two story line converge when Evelyn and Alice meet in present time at Alice's workplace (art gallery), where a friendship is formed.
I didn't love this book, both of these story lines bothered me quite a bit in the details. Justin's reasoning for disappearing during his honeymoon, Evelyn's pining for an old "kindof" flame.
There were things that I did like about this story:
- The story line is different than anything I have ever read
- There were some little twists and turns as well. So I don't regret the read.
- There are some references in the book to the painting from Andrew Wyeth, Christina’s World. This is not a painting I was previously familiar with and I found myself looking it up to see it.
*TheReadingCove - June Read*