Friday, April 03, 2015

AngelFall by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)Angelfall by Susan Ee
My rating: 5 of 10 stars, C+ - Above Average

Series: Penryn & the End of Days Series (Book 1)



There are Angels here on Earth and they aren't here for good of man.  As the book starts it's been six weeks since the Angel's have been on earth and wreaking all kinds of havoc.  Penryn, her wheel-chair bound sister, Paige, and their paranoid mother are just trying to survive in this new world.  When they come upon an Angel fight and Penryn steps in where she doesn't belong, Paige gets kidnapped.  The Angel left behind broken and maimed is called Raffe.  As he heals, Penryn tries to get information about where Paige is.  Penryn is determined to do anything to get her sister back, even going into the Lion's den, the Angel "Aerie".  Since both Raffe and Penryn need to get to the aerie for different reasons, they form a pact and over time form a bond that will help them through quite a few trials and experiences along the way.

I think Susan Ee did a really good job with the this YA Apocalyptic story, the end didn't provide as many answers and I would have liked but it does make me want to read the next in the series.  I enjoyed Penryn and Raffe's relationship, however I felt a huge age gap between them.  The book doesn't say how old either of them are, so it could be just my view on them.  I believe there is more to Penryn's schizophrenic mother then we got to see in this book, and I'm curious to find out more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment