Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Love Poems of Rumi: Translated by Nader Khalili

The Love Poems of Rumi: Translated by Nader KhaliliThe Love Poems of Rumi: Translated by Nader Khalili by Rumi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this book as an ARC in return for an honest review.

I have been a fan of Rumi ever since I was introduced to his work 6 years ago when I was planning my wedding. I was researching quotes and poems and came across Rumi's work over and over again, consistently wonderful quotes and poems. So when I saw this available as an ARC, i jumped at the chance to get my hands on it.

The pages themselves are simply beautiful and are worthy of being framed. It is a gorgeous book - however, the poems were not what I was expecting of Rumi's work as I know it. I know not every work a Poet writes is going to be for everyone - so there is probably something in here for everyone.

My favorite of this group of poems is "If you seek eternity". I still adore Rumi - this book doesn't change that.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment