Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Rating: 4/5 Stars

We'll I finally read and finished Eclipse! I can't believe I made it through and thoroughly enjoyed the story in the process. Let me explain a bit why I am so surprised. When I first read Twilight I was intrigued by Bella, Edward and Jacob but I seriously could not stand Bella. Then I immediately went on to New Moon without a break and enjoyed Bella and Jacob without Edward so much that when I then immediately went on to eclipse and Edward was back and Bella was so desperate for him, I just couldn't take it anymore and just about threw the book out the window. I didn't throw it out the window but I did stop reading it.

I recently watched New Moon and it reminded me how much I enjoyed it when I read it and I must admit I have fallen in love with Jacob's character (and yes Taylor Lautner too). It has been at least a year now since I read New Moon and thought enough time had gone by that I was ready for Eclipse, especially with the movie coming out this summer. And boy am I glad I decided to pick it back up! Bella still annoyed the heck out of me, in the beginning, but by half way I was enthralled with the story line.

The rest of this review will most definitely have spoilers in it, so if you haven't read the book please stop reading here and come back once you've read the book.

Where to start! First the one thing that really bothers me about this series. Bella's NEED for Edward is very odd, but I did like how the author with help from Jacob's character admitted how unhealthy this relationship was for Bella. I keep hoping to find out that Bella and Edward has the predestined imprinting that the werewolves have and that's why she's so crazy for Edward, because it really is just crazy.

I loved the Vampires and Werewolves working together and thought that these scenes were very well done. I liked how they got along and at the end had some respect for each other and I hope to see them work together in the future. I do not like how Bella chose Edward over Jacob, but that's just because I'm on Team Jacob 100% but I did like how Bella finally admitted that she had feelings for Jacob. Until now I felt really bad for Jacob seeming so desperate for someone who only thought of him as a friend and now that we see that she does love Jacob after all, it somehow seems OK to me that she chooses Edward (I still love Jacob more!).

I really hope that Stephenie Meyer gives Jacob a love that can be returned how he deserves! And this is how I know I'm starting to adore this series because I'm beginning to care about the characters, more than I'd like to admit.

And one more thing before I end this review....

(Thank god he's 18 years old or this would be creepy!)

Go Team Jacob! ;-)

This book fits in the following Category/Challenges for me:
  • Hogwarts Reading Challenge (Transfiguration)
  • Romance Reading Challenge
  • Finish that Series Challenge
  • Monthly Mixer Mele Challenge
  • PBT April Tag: Favorite

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Faith, as someone who read the series; though I did not finish the last one, I have warn you, the final outcome for Jacob is just weird. Bella bothers me too. I do not feel she is a healthy role model for teen girls. Her self-esteem is horrible (it only becomes worse) and her need for Edward is very unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No Sari, Say it aint so! Guess I won't know until I continue on. Later this month I will be reading Breaking Dawn.

    ReplyDelete