Saturday, May 01, 2010

April Reading Wrap-Up



April went so fast! I felt like I spent a lot of time catching up this month in time for the discussions. I definitely need to plan out my schedule better in the future.

Here is what I read this month:
My favorite for April was definitely Eclipse, I really enjoyed this story once I got passed the beginning. I was surprised by this because I had to restart it a couple of times before really getting into it. I was also pretty impressed with The Great Gatsby which I had never read before.

My biggest disappointment for April was Someone to watch over me by Judith McNaught.

I participated in a fun Blogger Hop and got introduced to some great new blogs, which I am now following. I also found an new Craft website that I really like that has lots of great giveaways and tips: FAVECRAFTS. Although I didn't post about it yesterday was BLOGMANIA on a couple of blogs that I follow and I found many new blogs from the list of over 100 that participated. I wish I had time to enter for more contests and find more blogs to love, but I had to actually earn a paycheck yesterday. :-)

I have a pretty good mix of reviews planned for May including another WoWO book discussion:
  • Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
  • The Alchemyst - The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
  • The Love Ceiling by Jean Davies Okimoto (WoWO)
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri
*above picture found on MarthaStewart.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great month. The Alchemyst sounds wonderful! I will have to put this on my reading list.
    April was not a good reading month for me, but I am hoping to make up for it in May. I have a few books lined up, but nothing as exciting as The Alchemyst. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete