Sunday, March 21, 2021

THE TEN THOUSAND DOORS OF JANUARY by Alix E. Harrow

The Ten Thousand Doors of JanuaryThe Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Personal Rating: 5/10 C+

The premise/idea of this book was perfection, and I very much wanted to fall into the world of Doors with January and Love this story. But, in the end it didn't pull me in the way I expected and it didn't keep me the way I needed it to. The imagination to come up with this premise is genius, but the execution of the story took way too long to pull me in. I was not pulled in until at least page 150, and that's just too long. I know many people loved this story, including a good friend of mine. But it just wasn't for me.

I also read this with my husband who couldn't finish the story, he is not much of a reader and this just wasn't the right book for him. But I thought the adventures of January would be fun for us to read together.

I ended up rating this book 3 stars, I gave the premise 4 stars, the ending 3 Stars but the slow beginning 2 stars. If I wasn't reading the book with my husband I probably wouldn't have finished it honestly but since I stuck in and finished it, the ended was better than the beginning.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment