Sunday, February 06, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

Rating: 2/5 Stars
A carnival comes into town late one evening in October and two local boys, Jim and Will, are pulled into the mysterious nature of this carnival and they end up deeper into the mysteries then they ever thought they would go.

I loved the premise of the story and had such high hopes for this classic but it just fell a bit short for me. I didn't care much for the writing style so I think that's what really made me not enjoy it as much. It just didn't live up to the hype for me.

This book fits the following Challenges for me:
  • Hogwarts Reading Challenge 2011
  • A-Z 2011 Alphabet Challenge
  • What's in a Name Challenge
  • New Author Challenge
  • PBT February Category : Science Fiction

1 comment:

  1. Ack too bad you didnt like this one! The premise does sound promising.

    ReplyDelete