Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cherry Bomb by J.A. Konrath





Rating: 6/10 (B-)  GOOD - A good book. I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it. It had some minor flaws, but, overall, it was still good enough to recommend. I'm open to more from the author.

  • Series: Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Series , #6
  • ISBN-13: 9781441887504
  • Publisher: Brilliance Audio
  • Publication date: 6/29/2010
  • Edition description: Unabridged, 8 CDs, 9 hrs.

Jack Daniels is a Lieutenant in the police department.   The book opens up at a funeral, apparently a cliff-hanger from the previous book (Fuzzy Navel).  At the funeral Jack gets a call from her nemesis in the series, Alex Kork, a female serial killer who is insane and has an insatiable vendetta against Jack, she is on the loose and she wants to play more games with Jack's life.  If let to continue she will forever torture Jack and those she loves with her psychotic ways.

Let me start by saying that this is book 6 in a series of 8 books and this is the first book that I have read in the series.  I did not have any background on the characters previously to listening to this book and it started off at a funeral, apparently a cliffhanger from the previous book (Fuzzy Navel).  Yet I didn't feel lost once in the story.  The author did a great job in "reminding" the readers about events passed so the new readers learn as the series readers are reminded and it worked great in my eyes.

I really enjoyed the story and the writing although at times it was a bit rough and edgy.  This book is gritty and raw and I have found that I prefer my crime novels this way.   I really liked Jack's character but I absolutely love Harry, I found him a real hoot and kept wondering what he was going to say next.  I plan to go back and read the books from the beginning of the series and see how the characters developed to this point.  It wasn't a perfect book but I definitely want to read more.

Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Series:

I read this book for a Fruit "Theme" challenge at The Reading Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment