Saturday, September 26, 2020

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

Doctor SleepDoctor Sleep by Stephen King
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I read THE SHINING (5 stars) last month and was so excited to grab this book and continue Danny’s story.

I read 30% and just had to stop. I was just so disappointed in this story. At 30% in I didn’t care about any of the characters and the 3 story lines were so obscure I didn’t care to see how they converged and ended. I am not one to stop a story midread but it took me a week to get to 30% and I just couldn’t continue.

It didn’t even feel like a Stephen King novel to me.

I struggled with if I should rate the book or not since I did not finish it, but ultimately decided to rate it because I spent a week attempting to read and care about this story. I do not hold this one against King and I will continue to read his stories as he is the master of horror. But I know that not every book he reads is going to be 5 Stars for me - and that's ok. View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment