I finished the following books in the month of June:
- The Alchemyst by Michael Scott 2.5/5 Stars
- The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver 2/5 Stars
- Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell 2.5/5 Stars
- Wild Heart by Lori Brighton (WoWO) 4.5/5 Stars
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 4/5 Stars
My favorite book of the month was Wild Heart by Lori Brighton, which was the WoWO book club read this month. I think that this Debut novel is a great start to a wonderful career for Lori. I'm looking forward the next book in this series from her.
My least favorite book of the month was The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. This was my first Kingsolver book and I will give her another try as I've heard this isn't her best book.
Eat, Pray, Love is next months WoWO book club read (July 30th) so I will be reposting my review with the book club discussion review at the end of the month.
I also managed to finish my New Authors Challenge that runs through December 2010. I was aiming for 15 new authors this year and I'm already at 18. I'll continue to work on it and see how far I can take it passed. I love reading new authors and finding new gems that I've never read before.
Some of the books coming up next month for me are:
- Fallen by Lauren Kate
- The short second life of bree tanner by Stephenie Meyer
- Tall, Dark & Dead by Tate Hallaway (carried over from last month)
- Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally by Alisa Smith and J.B. Mackinnon
- Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
- Do Andriods dream of electric sheep by Philip K. Dick
So check back during the month to see the various reviews.
*Above image was borrowed from http://firefliescottonwood.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/books-as-centerpieces/