Friday, February 19, 2021

THE DAUGHTERS OF ERIETOWN by Connie Schulz

The Daughters of ErietownThe Daughters of Erietown by Connie Schultz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Schultz did a great job of getting the feel of the generation that she was writing about. When I realized that this book was actually published in 2020, I was amazed. When reading this book, regardless of the Era that you were reading about, you really felt like you were back in that time and place.

I read this with friends for a book clud and I didn't really know what to expect from this story. I was pleasantly suprised that I liked it more than I thought I would going in. I thought the Characters were as well developed as the time period but what missed for me was that the story was predictable (as it was probably meant to be). It actually read more like really good Non-Fiction to me, which I believe is telling of the authors talent, but being predictable is just not what I want out of my reading these days - so it missed a little something for me. That said - I can see where others would give it 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment