Tuesday, February 02, 2021

The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon

The Winter PeopleThe Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Personal rating: B+

I was looking for Creepy, Scary, all the eerie vibes that I could find when I suggested this book as a buddy read with my friend. And although, the Creep factor never fully developed, there were some glimpses of it, and I thoroughly enjoyed this read without it. Especially the parts of the book that were from Sara and Martin starting in 1908. I could have read the whole book about them and Gertie - so good.

This book was more supernatural and less scary than I thought going in, but still an excellent storyline with a great dark atmospheric vibe. There were a lot of characters in this book and I struggled at times to keep them all straight - i do think a couple of them could have been dropped from the story (Candace) and it would not have negatively affected the story.

Jennifer McMahon is now a go-to author for me. I plan to read the Drowning Kind this year and I am so excited to read more by her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment