Thursday, December 10, 2009

MAMMA MIA!


Last weekend I was surprised with an offer to go see Mamma Mia with my friends and their whole family. It was a bus trip, they had an extra ticket that wasn't being used and I have a birthday coming up, so they offered it to me for my birthday. I love musicals but for some reason Mamma Mia wasn't on my list of plays to see. I was looking forward to it but wasn't expecting much from it, boy was I surprised. It was absolutely fabulous! The play itself really worked with the songs. I mean in some spots the songs kind of get crammed into the story and you wonder how they came up with using that ABBA song in that spot but, it was still excellent. Just when it appears to be over and you are sitting there thinking, that was a pretty good show..... The party kicks in. They really kicked it up a notch and ended on a high and fun note. I would really recommend it, and you don't have to be an ABBA fan. I know some of their songs, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan and I can't tell you enough how good the show was. There were some really funny scenes and the Broadway Actors were really good.

The woman who played Donna - Beth Leavel was incredible and I'd be happy to watch her sing anything. She has power and delivery in her acting and singing. She was my favorite from the play.

Beth Leavel

Here's a link to her Mamma Mia Page: Beth Leavel

I was happy to get the opportunity to go and see NYC, on a Snowy Saturday. We went to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree. The picture here is from theExaminer.com and their article on the tree lighting ceremony.


All in all it was a great day, however long. We left at 7:30am to catch the bus and then in the evening caught the bus out at 6:30pm and didn't make it home until about 9:30pm with the snow and the traffic leaving the city.

One of my favorite unplanned stops was NBC studios. I had no idea they had tours, a store, and a picture taking area where you can put your face in with different NBC characters body's. Next time I'm back in the city I'll be stopping by to see the observation deck, the tour as well as taking one of those pictures home with me. I would like to do Liz Lemon from 30 Rock.

3 comments:

  1. Oh faith, it is my dream to go to New York. Sounds like you had a blast! If I could do a body shot it would be Olivia from Law & Order just so I could stand by Christopher Meloni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sari! If they had that one I'd like to do that one too.. I too love Christopher Meloni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw it in Dallas and loved it. I would love to see it in NY!! I know it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete