Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For My Daughters by Barbara Delinsky

Rating: 2.5/5 Stars (round to 3)

This is a nice story of an estranged family who come together one summer and find themselves and each other. Ginny, the mother, has always been cold and distant.. She did what she needed to do as a mother but her three children, Caroline, Annette and Leah, never felt her approval and acceptance. Caroline, is a lawyer at a Chicago law firm with an artist boyfriend. Annette is the mother of 5 children with a doctor husband. Leah is twice divorced, and feels she'll never find true love. All of these women have their own internal issues as well as having sibling and mother issues. One short two week span, around the mothers 70th birthday, at Stars End in Maine will put all of these things right for everyone.

I really enjoyed the first half of the book. I related to these women because they reminded me so much of my family and our relationship. The second half of the book, didn't really appeal to me as much. I felt I related to Leah the most but the way Leah was acting at the end, so indecisive about her life - I didn't understand why it was so hard for her. Also, Everything wrapped up a little too perfect.

I was entertained by the story, so I gave it 3 stars.

This book fits in the following Challenges/Categories:
  • PBT Dec Tag: Other
  • Monthly Mixer Mele: F in February

No comments:

Post a Comment