Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year: Goodbye 2009

Its time to say goodbye to 2009 and hello to 2010.

But before we do that I would like to take a second and wrap-up December's reads:
  • The art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - 5 stars (Favorite)
  • Beat the reaper by Josh Bazell - 5 stars (Favorite)
  • The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus - 3 Stars
  • For my Daughters by Barbara Delinsky - 3 Stars
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton - 3 stars
  • The princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherford - 2 Stars
Books read for the PBT Tag - Satire:
  • The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Books read for the PBT Tag - Other:
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
  • The Princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherford
  • Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
  • For My Daughters by Barbara Delinsky
Now on to the 2009 Year Wrap-up:

I read 63 books in 2009, which is great for me. With school and work, it's really hard to find spare time to read for pleasure but have made it more of a priority this year and it shows.

My favorite books from 2009 were:
  • Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
  • The art of racing in the rain by Garth Stein
  • Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger
  • The adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson
Also rated 5 stars but not marked favorite for whatever reason were:
  • The Face of Deception by Iris Johansen
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
  • Skinny Chicks don't eat salads by Christine Avanti
I have made 3 new book related New Years Resolutions:
  • Read more from my TBR pile
  • Borrow more from the library instead of trading or buying books available at the library
  • Stick to a 50 page rule. If the book isn't grabbing me by 50 pages, dump it and move on.
I have so many new challenges coming up in 2010 so I'm looking forward to new reading experiences.

I hope everyone has a fabulous 2010, thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Faith, I too am going to read more from my TBR pile, and as a added resolution I am dumping books that I keep picking up and putting down. It seems silly to have a large TBR pile, yet have nothing to read.

    ReplyDelete