- The connection that they had with watching the moon at night.
- When John starts to take nightly walks with his father
- When John's dad was ill
- When Savannah gives John the book
- When Savannah explains why she wants John to write instead of emailing or calling.
- and for good measure - p.209 ;-)
- Tim is the father of Alan instead of the brother - not good
- Tim was scruffier and different that expected - not good
- John didn't have his tattoo's - not good (I was so looking forward to these!)
- Savannah doesn't give John the book - not good (important story line)
- The September 11th tragedy was much better felt in the movie than the book - good change
- John's father was played by Richard Jenkins - good good good!
- I would like to add that Channing Tatum is HOT.. and although I wasn't convinced of him by the previews.. he convinced most of us by the end of the movie.
Next Up for the Women of Washington Oaks is The Help by Kathryn Stockett on March 24th, so look out for the next post of the WoWO Book Club.
On a personal note Dear John filled the following Categories and Challenges for me:
- The Romance Reading Challenge
- RYOB Challenge
- PBT February Tag: Relationships
- Monthly Mixer Mele Challenge
- New Authors Challenge