Welcome to the Truth is Stranger Than Fiction Reading Challenge!
Sure, we all like to read fiction, but there's lots of great non-fiction out there, too!
Here at Truth is Stranger Than Fiction, the goal is to encourage everyone to read more of it.
Only non-fiction books apply! These can be anything you're interested in: memoirs, history, geography, politics, religion, sports - whatever non-fiction you've put your hands on and your nose into.
Overlaps with other challenges allowed!
Post a list of choices if you want, or make it up as you go along.
Any book format is allowed. There are four levels:
Just the Facts - Read two non-fiction books.
The Scoop - Read four non-fiction books.
**The Whole Story - Read six non-fiction books. **<-- my choice
Nothing But the Truth - Read eight (or more) non-fiction books.
The challenge will run from February 1, 2010 through February 28, 2011.
Interested? Just sign up on the nonfictionchallenge blog.
Please use the link to the post where you'll be listing your books. If you want to list your books on your sidebar, that's okay, too - just link back to the sign-up so other people can join in, too!
Ok, so now you know what it's about and that I'll be choosing "The Whole Story" and will be reading 6 non-fiction books.
Here are my reading plans:
- Open by Andre Agassi
- The LIfe and times of the thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
- Bright Lights Big Ass by Jen Lancaster
- Fight for your money by David Bach
- When Elephants Weep by J. Mason
- Why my third husband will be a dog by Lisa Scottoline
Check back for ongoing progress!
1) Why My Third Husband will be a dog by Lisa Scottoline (3/19)
2) Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (6/24)
3) Plenty by Alisa Smith and J.B. Mackinnon (7/12)