Monday, January 10, 2011

Long Book Challenge 2011

Over the next week or so I'll be posting about what challenges I've decided to join in on this year.

The first one is from the Play Book Tag group on Shelfari called: Long Book Challenge 2011.

The idea is to read 4000 total pages from books that are 600 pages or more this year.

Here is my plan :


The Passage by Justin Cronin (766 pages)


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (656 pages)


Pillars of the Earth by : Ken Follett (973 pages)


The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly (720 pages)


Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (756 pages)

That brings me to 3871 pages so I guess I'll pick the last one as I go. I'm sure another 600+ page book will jump out at me sometime during this year.

Has anyone read any of these? Any comments or suggestions for my last book choice? If so, Please comment below.

Watch my progress throughout the year on the left side of my blog.

1/3/11 - Updated to Add The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larson (630 Pages) bringing me a total of 4501!

Now lets do this! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi just wanted to let you know Hogwarts Reading Challenge 2011is now up and running until June 30th. This is the last Hogwarts Challenge for me as such it will be more involved and hopefully more fun. Click Mini Challenges for dates and info. I am not announcing any prizes other than the $15 gift card to a random winner for participating in the main challenge with the 5 book minimum met. However, there will be a drawing for a prize for all those who are able to accumulate 450 plus points and well as participate in all the mini challenges as well as read 7 books from one series (in honor of the 7 HP books). This final challenge is called the Triwizard Tournament. All prizes will be given out any time after the mini challenge or right the main challenge but if you win you will get your prize.
    *A series is when the main character is the same in all subsequent books. Ex: Eve Dallas in the Death in…, James Patterson Alex Cross books. When in doubt, ask me. Have fun and Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete