Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019: YEAR AT A GLANCE AND MY TOP 10

2019: YEAR AT A GLANCE
As 2019 comes to a close, I am looking back at all of my reads this year and I am pleased with the results.  I didn't post many of my books read this year for a variety of reasons so I've included links to Goodreads in the below list.  I am very happy with the quality of books that I read this year and actually the quantity.  I did not expect a big reading year so I gave myself a 15 book challenge and I ended up doubling that.  For some 31 books doesn't seem like a lot but i used to only read 1 book a month, so this is pretty big for me.  I really found my reading groove this year and I hope this continues.  I also found a couple of new authors that I can't wait to read more next year.

Goodreads does a really nice Year in Review, so before I get into my Top 10, I'd like to share my results.



My Books Read in 2019

Run Away
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
The Silent Patient
The Weight of Blood
This Tender Land
Olive Kitteridge
The Nest
The Man in the Brown Suit
Far From True
The Fire Child
The Institute
Haben: The Deafblind Woman Who Conquered Harvard Law
Bird Box
The Sisters
The Chain
An American Marriage
The Masterpiece
Where the Crawdads Sing
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Broken Promise






My 2019 Top 10 Countdown


10. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley StartupBad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a silicon startup by John Carreyrou - 4 stars (B-)
9. The Weight of BloodThe Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh - 4 stars (B+)
8. The Great AloneThe Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (B+)
7. Little Fires EverywhereLittle Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng - 4 stars (B+)
6. The Silent PatientThe Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides - 4 Stars (B+)
5. Where the Forest Meets the StarsWhere the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Venderah - 4 stars (A-)
4. Where the Crawdads SingWhere the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens - 4 stars (A-)
3. The ChainThe Chain by Adrian McKinty - 5 Stars (A)
2. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn HugoThe Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 5 Stars (A)

... And my FAVORITE book of 2019....


1. This Tender LandThis Tender Land by Williams Kent Krueger - 5 stars (A+)


HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR !

No comments:

Post a Comment