Wednesday, January 15, 2020

CRAZY IN PARADISE by Deborah Brown

Crazy in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
My Goodreads rating: 2 of 5 stars
My ReadingCove rating: 3/10 (C-) BELOW AVERAGE

Goodreads Synopsis:

When Madison Westin, the main character, inherits her aunt's beachfront motel in the Florida Keys, or so she thinks. Tarpon Cove is not your typical sleepy beach town: Seduction, drunks, ex-cons and fugitives are not the usual fare for someone looking to start a new chapter in their life. Wrestling control of the property from both the lawyer and the conniving motel manager will be no easy feat. But Madison likes living on the edge so she feels right at home. Bullets fly, a dead body turns up, a kidnapping and blackmail. Madison really has to learn not to leave home without her Glock or it could get her killed.


My Thoughts:

Crazy in Paradise is an apt title for this book. I thought the beginning had promise, I like quirky.

But I started to struggle with the first couple of interactions between Madison and Zach and it made me start to check-out on the story but I kept reading because I was reading this book as a Buddy Read and wanted to give it a chance. Madison to me was way too insecure and cried too much over her insecurities. I get she's been through a lot, and that this is human nature, but I like to see stronger women characters (especially when it comes to relationships) in my books. I was disappointed in the way the case was resolved from a mystery perspective however, the redeemer of this book to me was the ending. I think the ending was a great twist and well written, so it brought up the rating for me.

This is the first book in the series but I do not think will not be reading on, it just missed the mark for me. I was hoping for something more like the Stephanie Plum series characters and it fell a little short.

This was a Reading Cove Buddy Read

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment