Monday, December 28, 2020

LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND by Rumaan Alam

Leave the World BehindLeave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book.... This very very frustrating book - where do we go from here.

This book has helped me understand that I need a book with a plot. I know there are people who LOVE character stories and I don't want to take this book away from them, but this did not work for me. The beginning of the book took off in the wrong way for me with the use of words that I had to look up in the dictionary. I can appreciate when an author has a wide vocabulary but I felt this one was going a bit overboard. Once I got used to that, I was able to really get into the story and turn after turn I kept waiting for something real to happen - and for the most part - nothing happened. A few strange things occurred that were never explained but for the most part not much even happened to be explained. I read some reviews and thought i would be ok with an Open Ending - but this was more than that. I know that many people loved this book but it reminded me of M. Night Shamalan's THE HAPPENING (i didn't love that either) but at least in the end something happened.

I needed much more from this book and it just didn't deliver. This book has made me take stock in the choices I make next year, this book just wasn't worth all the hype to me. I was so looking forward to reading it and was very disappointed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment