Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Survivors by Jane Harper

The SurvivorsThe Survivors by Jane Harper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Personal Rating: C+

I received this book on Audio from NetGalley for a fair and honest review.

This is my first book by Jane Harper, I have heard wonderful things about her ability to create a vivid atmosphere in her books. This by far is the #1 attribute of this book. The setting of Evelyn Bay, a small coastal town on the Tasmanian Coast, was so beautifully written - i felt I was seeing it first hand. The descriptions were vivid and beautifully done.

As for the storyline and pace, these I was a bit disappointed in and I didn't feel invested in the characters at all. This book was a miss for me. However, I will give Jane Harper another try because I've heard so many good things about her other books, but this one is just not one I would recommend - even with the amazing atmosphere.

#Macmillan Audio #NetGalley


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment