Tuesday, November 24, 2020

THE INVISIBLE LIFE OF ADDIE LARUE by V.E.Schwab

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRueThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
My GoodReads rating: 3 of 5 stars
(rounded down from 3.5)
My Personal rating: 7/10 (B) Enjoyable

I picked this up as a buddy read with a friend and had VERY high expectations. I had just come off of reading THE YEAR OF THE WITCHING by Alexis Henderson (if you haven't read it - you should!). I really did want more of the same eerie feeling from this book that was in THE YEAR OF THE WITCHING but it wasn't there. This book was definitely more contemporary, which is fine and it was a very good book - if maybe just a bit predictable in the end.

I do see what all the hype is about. I love the imagination of this story and the way it was written. It just fell a little short in what I needed in the moment - by no fault of the author. All in all - i enjoyed the story and will look to read more by V.E. Schwab. Nicely Done.

Can't wait to discuss with it with my buddy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment