Saturday, January 09, 2021

THE HOUSE IN THE CERULEAN SEA by T.J. Klune

The House in the Cerulean SeaThe House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

THE HOUSE IN THE CERULEAN SEA is one of the sweetest and warmest books that I have read in a very long time. It was a feel good story with a fun and endearing group of magical children who you can't help but root for. This was not what I expected but it was exactly what I needed. The characters were fantastic and lovable to the very end. I'm very happy to have this one as my first book of 2021. The author has noted that this is a story of Kindness and this is very clear. Given the craziness of the United States right now, it was definitely the right book at the right time.

My favorite quote: "Hate is loud, but I think you’ll learn it’s because it’s only a few people shouting, desperate to be heard. You might not ever be able to change their minds, but so long as you remember you’re not alone, you will overcome."

I haven't seen anything that officially claims this book is YA, but it reads a bit like YA to me. Trust me it's just very sweet and loveable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment