Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Late Bloomers' Club by Louise Miller

The Late Bloomers' ClubThe Late Bloomers' Club by Louise Miller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up The Late Bloomers' Club because I was in the mood for a feel good Hallmark Movie type of book and it ended up being much of what I wanted and expected. This isn't a book that you pick up if you want to be blown away, but if you want a feel good small town redemption story with some highs and lows and a sense of community along the way (the Hallmark trait) this one will do the trick for you.

I felt like all the characters were relatable (except for Kit), and you could root for them all (in the end even Kit!).

Some of my favorite quotes:
"The antidote of envy is to rejoice in the good qualities of others."

“There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.”

"I cried for myself, for all the years I had lost wishing for something to be different, and for all the wasted time not seeing what I had."

I also had the pleasure of being part of the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club with Louise and she was such a joy to chat with. I will read more of her books when I am in the mood for a cozy type read for sure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment