Friday, October 16, 2009

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Miri and her friends who live on the mountain hear word that the prince will choose a bride from their village. All the girls of certain ages must go to the Princess Academy and learn to be a princess where in a year the prince will come and choose his bride. While at the academy the girls get into all sorts of things and overcome many obstacles and challenges.

Miri is a strong female character and I think she is a very good role model for girls, as are the others in the group. I found this book to be perfect for a parent/daughter reading. I thought it was really cute and was well written. It's definitely children's fiction made for the Pre-teen girl. I would have loved this at that age and I'm glad I read it now. It was alot of fun. I only rated it 3 stars because it's not my genre and it was a little immaturl for my tastes. For what it was though (Children's fiction) I thought it was well done.

This book fits into the following Groups/Challenges:


  • PBT Oct Tag: Other
  • Booktivity Halloween Theme (Princess is a common costume)

No comments:

Post a Comment